11.23.2010

Garden Signs and Canadians


Last week, I finally got to make the signs I'd been wanting to make. I asked Martha if I could make some signs for the garden using some scrap wood in the shop and if she could bring me some paints or something to do the lettering. I was given 2 markers, and I just went with what we had. I wanted to make them all fancy with stencils and things... even do some carving, but I couldn't scrounge up the supplies, so I just went with my handwriting. I'm not positive if I translated everything correctly, or if I planted the signs where they're supposed to go exactly... only time will tell!
Lana and Derek from Stratford, Ontario, Canada came on Saturday afternoon. Sadly, I was unable to visit much, because Rodrigo came to visit me and we were leaving for Mendoza... I was able to show them around a little and then leave them in peace.
They're such fun people with a passion for travel! I'm fairly certain they've seen most of the world or certainly most of the places I dream to go. Derek has lived in Slovakia and Malta with Lana, they've been to Egypt, Holland, Cuba, US, Dominican... Lana has lived in Australia, done a 6 month tour around Europe, and traveled to Indonesia. What a dream!
Apart from their travels, they love to cook. They gave me a lesson today on left overs, and how not to use the microwave!
We're going to do a Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday... I'm looking forward to any helpful tips they might have for me!


Lana and Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment