4.08.2010

The Leatherman... Is "Paying for itself!"

Rodrigo received an early birthday present from my parents. For men, this tool may perhaps be the most useful thing ever created, and for women... well, it comes in handy sometimes.

Since the second his new gift was unwrapped, until now, it has been on Rodrigo's belt (except for when he tearfully had to check it to get through airport security).

Now, Rodrigo has an outrageous urge to fix things. The other day, he whipped out the file tool and asked me if he could use it to file his nails. I shrugged and said, I guess so, and the next thing I knew I looked over at him filing away. A couple hours later, I was standing there with an unopened milk pouch (milk is sold differently here)... when Rodrigo quickly drew his fancy new tool and said "Don't worry, I have a Leatherman!"

I must admit, it has come in handy sometimes. This morning, for example, we saved 30 Argentinian Pesos because Rodrigo was able to fix the light fixture with his handy dandy tool. He gave me his proud owner smile and said, "Look it's paying for itself!"

Sometimes, however, the Leatherman hasn't been just too amazing. Moments ago, I caught Rodrigo standing in the shower trying to fix the water leak on the faucet... I think he would have done it, but he needed a Cresent Wrench to get the large bolts loose. Darn. He gave me a little smile, batted his eyes and said, "Maybe it could be a birthday present from you Love??"

Boys... well, I gotta say... Thanks mom and dad!


1 comment:

  1. Glad the birthday present is being put to good use. Nothing worse than an unappreciated gift that gets immediately stored and forgotten in a cupboard. Or worse ... used as an example, to visitors, of atrocious gift ideas. HA! Tell Rordrigo not to hurt himself.

    ReplyDelete