4.29.2010

Site Seeing in Córdoba



The Tango dance we watched

There are lots of fun things to see in Córdoba, Argentina, which is the current city I'm living in... Rodrigo and I went the other day to his University's hospital, to see if they'd let me volunteer. Luckily they said yes! So, I'm going to be volunteering in the Parasitology lab for now. I really can't wait. I decided that since I'm going to be volunteering, it'd be great to learn interesting things like a refresher in parasitology while I'm at it. The boss of the Parasitology lab seems really friendly, and I think he also wants to practice his English with me. Should be great!

Also since I've been in Córdoba, Rodrigo and I caught a Tango Orchastra concert... and there were great tango dancers! Did you know that Tango was initiated in Argentina by the poor Italians who migrated there? Yep, Tango started in the slums of Buenos Aires. Evidently there are amazing shows almost every night in BA... I hope I can talk Rodrigo into taking me sometime!

Here's some photos of the city I've captured since I've been here...


Plaza San Martín

Córdoba's Cathedral

A different angle of the Cathedral


Many cities are settled because of rivers, this the Suquía River.

Argentina's defeat against Great Britain in "Guerra de las Malvinas"

Justice Palace

Romulus and Remus


1 comment:

  1. The Roman influence in Argentina is intriguing. Very surprised to see a relief of Romulus and Remus in Cordoba Argentina! What other Roman influences have you experienced ... besides Tango and pasta?

    ReplyDelete