10.30.2010

Hiking

Rodrigo and I have hiked a number of places here in Córdoba's provence. One of the places we hiked is called "Los Gigantes" which translates to "The Giants." It was like nothing I'd ever seen before. I thoroughly enjoyed the landscape and would love to go again. It was filled with giant rock formations which is where I'm assuming it got it's name. Los Gigantes is located in the "high sierras" here in Córdoba provence. We hiked to a little place within, stayed the night, and hiked out the next day. Here are some pictures you might enjoy...


Camp

Absolutely beautiful scenery!


One hike, we started in a town called "Los Hornillos" and ended in the cutest little German immigrant town called "La Cumbresita." When we finally made it to the town, the first thing on our mind was food! We shared some delicious German delicacies and wonderful beer. I really want to return to La Cumbrecita, so please come so I can have an excuse to go and show you around :o)

Restaurant with the German food

La Cumbresita


A Condor that flew right above us


Nice view of the "high sierras"


The last hike we did in October was called "Champaqui Extremo." Which is the extreme version of hiking to the highest peak in the "high sierras" here in Córdoba provence. It was quite an experience. We hiked up 1,800 meters in altitude... and completed the hike in 3 days. Rodrigo and I were accompanied by Andres and Matias. When we made it to the very top, there was some type of second wind given to us. I really want to do this hike again someday... it was absolutely delightful.

Matias, Andres, Rodrigo and I at the very top with the Argentinean flag


Rodrigo and I at the top of Champaqui

Enjoying the early morning

This was the most beautiful part, we were going down Champaqui, and right here we got just below the clouds.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems youhad a great time there!
    I'll be volunteering in latin america for the next two months. So any recommendation you'd like to give me, wich places you think I should visit, etc, well that would be great. Thanks for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where in Latin Amreica are you going to be volunteering?? The 3 neatest places I've been in South America have been Macchu Pichu, Peru: Iguazu Falls, Argentina: and Cartagena, Colombia!

    ReplyDelete