1.11.2010

The Hospital

Today I went to the hospital... to see if I could hang out in the Lab in the mornings. Luckily, they said yes! So, I'm in... I get to do something important! Am I going to get paid? HA! Don't you think that in order to get paid you should know the language :) So that's a big "NO" but maybe someday.
I'm ecstatic... I've waited 22 days to feel like I can contribute to the country, and I'm so relieved it's here!

I must also tell you about the night life. It's A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! I didn't ever think that I could stay out all night until 7am, but evidently I can. We leave to hang out with friends at about 5, until about 9 or 10, come home... eat... then leave for the night at about 12. We stay out with these flabbergasting, amazingly cool South Americans until we just can't function anymore... then go home. Usually Rodrigo's dad is awake by the time we make it to the house. We maul the kitchen for delicious eggs with a little ham and eggs (that my boyfriend cooked!!!!), and head for bed.
I guess since now I'm very important... I'm not going to be doing that any longer!

1 comment: